Tuesday, December 25, 2018

a very reaves christmas

Christmas with a toddler is amazing to them and to everyone around.  I hit the road early in the dim light and traffic was exceptionally light.  By the time I got to Jackson thinking I had missed it all, I found that Lauren had to actually wake Reaves up for Santa.  She was sitting there in her diaper under the tree and they were ready to open presents.  Of course she didn't get that so we did it for her but boy could she play when we got the stuff out.  Her favorite was a walking unicorn that Santa brought on a leash!  Seriously cute.  We ate and we played and then she went on to round 2 at her Daddy's house.  To say that child is adored is an understatement.  As I was pulling out I got a kiss from Galen who was going to hang with friends.  

I kept hearing rattling toward the rear of the car and thought to myself lord have mercy what now.  When I got back to the 'burg I found the culprit.  There was a stick hanging out behind the tire ( probably pecan ) that had been hitting the pavement the whole way there and back.  Der.  I passed Bubba on the main road and he was just out enjoying the pretty day.  I have plumbing problems and he's got it on his calendar to call Greg tomorrow morning.  

I have leftover cheese grits and cinnamon rolls so that will be dinner.  What?  It's Christmas ^j^


1 comment: