Sunday, December 2, 2018

coulda' shoulda' wouda'

I think often about how we got from there to here, politically and otherwise.  9/11 was a pivotal point for this country.  Thousands signed up for duty in Iraq and Afghanistan in the wake of "weapons of mass destruction" supposedly masterminded by the man found hiding in a hole.  I believe with all my heart that the size of this deployment was way overboard and planned by Dick Cheney to make himself rich via government military contracts.  Our entire country was in shock and recovery mode and everybody wanted justice.  Only it wasn't the one they found.  It was the one whom they killed under the Obama administration who was behind all of it.  Go figure.  I don't blame Dubya at all.  He was hoodwinked.  

Fast forward to 2018 where said veterans are not receiving the benefits they were promised at enlistment.  Many of them have extensive PTSD from the violence and harsh conditions they endured.  I have a friend who served in Iraq and he has been fortunate enough to spend a year as a contractor there before going back to school to become a nurse.  And soon a CRNA.  He was married to a gunner and when they got out, it wasn't what it was before.  He is now happy and healthy and living the dream.

I don't know about y'all but I bought gas for 1.95 today.  Take that, Kuwait Of course the down side is that fracking is tearing this country to pieces so we can become "independent" from foreign oil.  How about ethanol made from hemp?  That's a good cash crop and doesn't harm the environment like carbon.  Just a thought.  


I skipped church today but it was hanging of the greens so when I go back it will be all Christmas looking.  Instead, I visited my friend again at the hospital.  Things are looking up!  I'm unemployed for a couple of weeks so if you need errands run give me a call....seriously.  I've gotten used to the extra money and it actually allowed me to buy presents for Reaves.  Am I grateful?  You bet your sweet ass.

Light a candle for Advent ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment