Saturday, December 22, 2018

spirit of the season

My brother LOVES deviled eggs so that's what he got for Christmas.  I delivered them this morning to his #2 job where they can be in the 'frig until he leaves tonight.  I picked up my homemade cinnamon roll order from Dakota and then swung by to give Larry's cat her insulin.  She's been in jail at the vet's office while his floors were being done.  

I had just gotten home when Lorna called and I headed back to town to meet up with she and the kids.  They were tickled to see me and shared their delicious sugar cookies with me.  "The secret ingredient is love" said Gracie.  Indeed.  

The sun is finally out and that makes everything better.  I'm wondering if Congress gets OT for working on Christmas weekend to try to fund the wall, or not.  If so, surely they will have to wait for that additional pay while all the other workers do.  So many folks are in government jobs where they are forced to work without pay thanks to this tomfoolery.  It's either that, or lose the job forever.  The only bright spot in all this is John Roberts.  God bless him.  Melania went on down to Florida without her hub who will join her if and when things get worked out. 

I saw my brother talking to a guy with a yellow lab etc in the back of his truck at the gas pump.  He looked familiar...hmm.  As I got closer I recognized one of my classmates from DHS 1973 whom I have not seen in many many years.  No luck with the duck hunting today, he said.

Yesterday I set out some cookie dough to come to room temp.  Later when I got to looking for it there was none.  Guess who ate the whole thing, wax paper and all.  Oh yeah.  Things have to go up real high to be safe from Ellie.  

Y'all enjoy no matter where you are or who you're with.  That's what it's all about.  ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment