Thursday, December 6, 2018

killing us softly

I just read about the arrest of the Chinese CEO in Canada and all I could do was shake my head and ask "wtf."  Our relations are already strained with this country to which we owe billions on top of billions and the trade war isn't helping matters.  But who cares about how all of this affects we the people?  Um.  I do.  

I found myself 9.15 in the hole today so I deposited my last ten bucks to avoid an overdraft charge.  Must.Check.Daily.  I'm trying my best to get a grip on this thing.  If they cut my SS somebody might as well rent me a room.  I honestly don't see that happening because everybody in the country would revolt and end up on the White House steps looking for food and shelter.  It's a slippery slope, as is.  

There is wintry mix in the forecast for the weekend which bums me out because I wanted to go to Jackson and see the girls.  We shall see what Tennessee weather brings.  It has its' own way of throwing you a curve.  

Tis the season to be jolly!  Or not.  The holidays are a very tough time for many for a variety of reasons.  The "first" Christmas, birthday, etc following the death of a loved one is always hard.  So is being poor and not having enough to eat.  Or spending a holiday in jail or away from family in the service.  At the end of the day, we're all just people who want to be happy.  

If the planets line up just right mama dog and all six puppies will be adopted tomorrow.  Keep your fingers and toes crossed.  

Peace ~

No comments:

Post a Comment