Saturday, December 8, 2018

oh the weather outside is frightful

If I had a fire, I'm sure it would be delightful but no.  I woke up to a wintry mix and decided that I needed to go to the 'gentral to get some food because I had NOTHING.  While there I stopped in the quilt store next door and met a lovely lady who learned from her grandmother 40 years ago.  I consulted with her about how to proceed with my old quilt/window project and she's going to cut the pieces for me cheap.  She teaches classes also and rents out her long arm machine to the public.  Most of her business is doing the actual batting and backing on quilt tops that clients have brought to her.  Learn something new every day.  

Yaya called as I was going into the dolla' store so I stood in the corner by the refrigerators and we gossiped up a storm.  She was putting up her tree and thought of me.  I ran into a couple of friends and we chatted a bit.  Good times.  There didn't seem to be a break and milk panic going on so that's good.  I got snacks and my usual big bag of peanut butter M&Ms.  Definitely a cheap date here.

Y'all stay warm and dry.  ^j^


1 comment: