Tuesday, December 11, 2018

christmas cake

I broke down and went to Kroger today to get the stuff to make multiple triple chocolate bundt cakes for friends and deviled eggs for Bubba.  I ran into him while I was shopping and we caught up on life as in who died and whatnot.  I'll be spending Christmas eve with the girls, weather permitting.  Lauren posted pictures of Reaves with Santa and she did NOT care for him at all.  She won't know still what it's all about this year except for new!toys!  I haven't wrapped anything in so long I actually had to buy a roll of paper.

I was told that no propane would come until today.  Like a true holiday miracle, Butch pulled up after dark with a load.  I was prepared to hole up with the electric heater that Mamye brought me.  Those things eat electricity like nobody's business but in a pinch, they're wonderful.  Thanks to both of y'all for not letting me freeze.  It was a three dog night anyway, as usual.  Ellie is finally learning to stay on her side of the bed.  

I was at the shady 'gentral on the way home and noticed this woman all flighty and running around.  She asked the guy at the register if they had any fall stuff on sale.  Then she went back to browsing and left in a hurry, buying nothing.  She smiled and called me Sweetie when she passed.  Dude at the register said that she was a shoplifter because he can see it all on camera.  He said it was "little" stuff and not worth calling the cops because she was history.  If the police came every time somebody stole something at a dollar store that would be their full time job.  That's on corporate.  If I were them I would pay for a guard.  

I learned that I'm being given another reasonably priced package for fitness which makes me smile because Lord knows I need it.  I can tell that I've overdone lately with my shoulders so it's been nice to rest them and eat ibuprofen.  It really works!  Throw a naproxen in there and you've got better pain relief than a hydro with no risk of opiate addiction.  Of course CBD oil and arnica would do the same thing.  Right kids?

These asshats up north have crossed the line with their hamstring tactics toward the incoming elected officials.  There's a special place in hell for that kind of mean crap.  They'll have plenty of company I'm sure.  I may be a lot of things, but I don't have a mean bone in my body.

So, it's all unicorns and rainbows here on the lane.  The sun is out and it's warmer(er).  I'm about to arrange the kitchen for full on preparation.  Hide and watch.

^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment