Tuesday, December 18, 2018

following instinct

I've been soul searching and looking for alternatives to cut the cost of living here.  I'll spare the details but I was approached by an old friend about becoming a roommate.  At first I thought it was the answer to my prayers but the more I thought about it the more my gut said "no" based on past experience and my current state of mind. That's not something I need....I have enough on my plate already.  Sometimes when you ask for something it comes out sideways.  That is the case with this, I believe.  Discernment is imperative. 

I delivered cake # last this morning.  My friend wasn't there so I left it with his staff.  That was evidently the wrong thing to do but I meant well.  Maybe they'll save him some.  

An old friend died which we all knew was coming.  Still, it hurts a bit like always. I know that he's in a better place because he's been suffering for a mighty long time.  RIP Wayne. 

Lauren said that both she and Reaves have strep.  Lord have mercy, that's the second time in two months.   Looks like somebody could come up with a vaccine for that, ya know?  It's hard to get rid of and very contagious.  

I'm still pondering life and which way mine will go.  The isolation that I cherish so much is often an escape from social interaction as in "becoming a hermit."  It is what I know and it's easy except for the money part.  I've lived alone for a very long time and have grown to love it.  This afternoon will be dedicated to job hunting, again.  Something's gotta' give.

Peace and grace ^j^

1 comment:

  1. https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/how-to-believe-in-what-you-can-t-see.html

    ReplyDelete