Thursday, April 23, 2020

your tree

I was taken aback today by a story from a fellow church member about how her perception of her grandmother's painting has changed over the years since her death.  As a child she found herself scared and terrified over the dead looking tree but later found it beautiful.  My tree is a pecan that was planted last year that I can see from my bathroom window.  Last year it branched out and there was a red winged blackbird  who swung on the top branch.  I assumed it was my daddy telling me to hang on.  

As the year progressed the bird left and the tree appeared to be dead.  I noticed that it is leafing back out this spring and there's another bird keeping watch over me.  Still my daddy, no doubt.  I've had hummers already and clematis and the iris are in full bud.  Life is good in spite of all that jazz.  

I am just as confused as the rest of y'all therefore I will reserve judgement on anything, but then that's my way of living life.  You never know where some soul has been until you hear their story and often that is in chapters as faith grows.  Judge not, lest ye be judged.  

I'm really getting off on the TV thing lately and have to focus on one thing at a time which is good.  Baby steps, so to speak.  I did my Kroger pickup between rain showers this morning and managed not to fall again.  I have requested a PT consult for this latest incident and will hear from them soon I feel sure.  Nerio will assess me and Patrick will work my ass off which is good.  I just have to get the house clean first.  Seriously y'all.  I have a lab/pit who does not understand the toilet paper situation.  Yesterday she totally destroyed a roll of the precious stuff.  Thankfully the 'gentral had some so I'm good.  I actually witnessed a woman arguing with the manager about buying more than two cans of lysol.  Jesus help us all.  I haven't seen lysol or disinfectant wipes in a month.

My pain level is about a six today which beats the hell out of 9 for 10 days straight.  I woke up about 1:30 this morning in wracking pain and did my routine which included some NSAID and heating pad.  Sleep came after that.

Turn on your flashlight kids.  The world needs it ^j^

1 comment: