Wednesday, April 1, 2020

serendipity

It's one of those days y'all. I'm searching for happy thoughts like everybody else and something popped into my mind.  Once upon a time my friends and I were on the way to Arkansas crossing the Mighty Mississippi.  All of a sudden fireworks started brightening the night sky.  That's when the teachers explained to me the concept of serendipity....an unexpected joy or surprise.  I carried that with me from then 'til now.  Being grateful for the little things is a positive and peaceful way to live.  

I am so very much trying to avoid a visit to the doctor's office for poison ivy.  I had it last year this time and still had some topicals that are kind of halfass working.  We shall see.  MEANWHILE....

I'm still in daily contact with BC/BS and the Marketplace over my appeal.  This could go on for months but nobody is hounding me for money so I'm just going to let it play out and do my part with due diligence.  I am reading/watching the Trump briefings the day after and they keep getting more bizarre.  These unprovoked attacks on the press are idiotic and he shows his true colors every time he goes off on one.

Dr. Fauci gave us a glimmer of hope which we seriously need right now.  The entire world is freaked out and overwhelmed and our capacity to respond to an emergency is being severely tested.  My advice to all is to use this down time constructively to figure out what really matters.  To me that is family and friends.  Not those fair weather kind, mind you.  The true blue ones.  But then, nobody asked me for advice.  I'm that much like my mother where I struggle not to say "you should."

The spring edition of SHE magazine came out and I didn't even know it until a friend told me.  My picture is all plastered up in there sitting on the curb at the Bus Stop taken by none other than the great Rachel Townsend.  Daddy loved chicken livers and so my submission was for bacon wrapped baked ones.  My husband used to grill them and they would be gone before anybody could turn around.  


1 comment:

  1. There you is alright, on page 16
    https://www.stategazette.com/reader/she

    ReplyDelete