Thursday, April 9, 2020

last supper

Well, mine could have been last night because we had some mighty severe weather and dodged a bullet.  Today is Maundy Thursday which we all know is the day that Jesus gave his disciples the new commandment.  Love one another and do this in remembrance of me.  He washed their feet, even the one who betrayed him.  He's just that kind of guy, ya' know?  

I remember when all the folks were wearing WWJD bracelets.  It was a fad that passed but I still ask myself that question daily in every situation I encounter.  Mostly it's just about kindness and doing the next right thing.

I went to Kroger (again) to get a turkey tenderloin for Easter dinner and ran into a friend whom I recognized even behind the mask.  She promised to make me one and drop it off.  I've taken way too many chances by getting out as much as I have.  Talking with my surgeon's office we changed my May visit to teleconference so that I don't have to go where there are even MORE cases and a 3 hour round trip drive.  

Another friend is delivering antiseptic wipes to my mailbox.  God is good.  All the time.  Per my usual routine I spend two hours on the phone with the insurance company and various providers of ostomy supplies.  Progress was made there as well.  Thank you all for helping a girl out.

Remember what happened following Maundy Thursday.  And remember it was all for you and me ^j^

1 comment:

  1. Grace... and love. Never forget Who Love is..
    Blessings Janie.

    ReplyDelete