Friday, April 10, 2020

the dark day

I am reading John chapter 19 just to remind myself of what really happened on that day.  Pilate found no case against him.  The others wanted him to die on the cross after whipping, beating and humiliating him.  I always knew these things in my head but it wasn't until I saw a live Living Last Supper that it went from head to heart.  I was probably 40ish and had proclaimed myself a Christian all my life.  In the FUMC of Dyersburg I watched as "the twins" got whipped down the center aisle by the evil guards.  I remember Patti Lou being among the villagers carrying a basket of live puppies.  There was a cast of hundreds and it was expertly directed by then music director Mark Locke.  I was a member of a choir during one of those and sang my little alto heart to Via Dolorosa among others.  

Ellie went to see Dr. Pierce this morning and was pronounced healthy and rowdy.  He suggested that we try a sedative for the next visit!  That little pheromone bandana just didn't get it.  She took the fecal exam and the shots with no prob but drawing her blood was a whole 'nother deal.  She has what Pierce called a foot fettish.  Those nails have GOT to be clipped so sedative it will be.  

My friend delivered a mask to me that she made on her auntie's sewing machine and it's cute as heck.  Mamye delivered product as well.  It's a beautiful day in the hood but a bit chilly.  Well, compared to 84 two days ago.  

I have taken a liking to briefings from politicians who have a sense of humor like Cuomo and Mayor Scott Conger of Jackson.  Lauren watches his live posts daily and told me to tune in.  Sounds like the military has a big mess on their hands with all those COVID positive sailors that they were warned about and two people lost their jobs over.  I seriously don't get the blind loyalty to Trump, but that's just me.

Bernie has pulled out of the race which I thought was very gracious and an effort for us to  pull together until we can get rid of the mess.  Biden has claimed several modified pieces of the progressive platform.  Win win.


Sunday's coming ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment