Sunday, April 12, 2020

wicked

That's what the radar looks like right now in Arkansas and West Tennessee.  I called Lauren and told her that though the food was cooked, I didn't want her on 412 in that kind of weather.  We re-scheduled for tomorrow.  This is the first Easter that Reaves has really gotten into the whole egg hunting surprise thing and it's adorable to watch.  

So I heard that the first stimulus payments went out yesterday but of course the banks are closed so who knows until "next business day."  Mine will go toward a decent vehicle.  The BK is over but I don't have the official papers yet.  That was a very long five years but at least my creditors got paid.  It was the right thing to do and my only option at the time.

Today we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord.  It's a different time while we worship virtually and apart.  I remember one Easter Sunday when my mother was on her way to church and I was working.  She was almost blind by that time and pulled off of Samaria Bend Road and was in a wreck.  Of course I was there by her bedside in the ER when her preacher came by and recapped his sermon for her....Surprise! It was of those moments when you realize how fragile life is and how it goes on in spite of the drama.  We are constantly surprised by something, but imagine seeing that empty tomb on resurrection morning.  Surprise indeed!

My favorite story in the Bible is where the t were two believers on the road to Emmaus and Jesus appeared to them.  That is how it happens many times.  When your heart is ready to be filled with the spirit, He appears.  The tradition of the flowering cross continued in spite of constraints and it's beautiful.  

Today I thank God for my family, my home and my faith community.  Kay sent me a text "may the peace of Christ be with you.  And also with you dear friend.  We were toddlers together in the nursery at FUMC and have remained faithful since then both to the church and our friendship.  

No politics today because I'm sick of it all.  This us vs them attitude is wearing me out.  We deserve compromise from both parties to keep our nation running during these scary times.  

May the peace of Christ be with you today and always ^j^




1 comment: