Monday, April 27, 2020

the test

During my career as a medical technologist I have both collected and tested thousands of NP swabs so I knew what I was signing up for when I pulled into the health department parking lot. These folks are out there every day doing drive up testing.  It is not a pleasant procedure by any means but one I was willing to do voluntarily since I am immunocompromised.  I was told I would be contacted in 2-5days with the results and to self-quarantine in the meantime.  No prob.

The farmers are hard at it getting ready to plant the corn box around me.  You know, the one where the children hide and if you build it they will come.  It is such a part of the cycle of life on the farm that I know what's what with any given pass of a piece of farm equipment.  The grass has been killed and now the plowing commences.  

So it looks like our state is easing toward the grand opening yet I read that we had the biggest single jump in cases over the weekend.  I don't know about y'all but the mask will still be with me as we move forward with the "essentials."  It is predicted that meat will become scarce so look for that to be the next hoarder's delight.  Maybe we can find toilet paper when that happens.  

My pain is a 5 today and it didn't take nearly as long to get mobile today though I'm still using a cane and walker.  I totally forgot PT was coming today and she called me while I was still in the health department parking lot.  Ooops!

I can hear the tractor getting closer and closer to my house and it's a comforting sound for an old country gal.  Maybe someday we can get Reaves a ride in one of them.  She would squeal!

I was sitting on the porch waiting for DoorDash to bring mexicans yesterday when Lauren surprised me with a visit.  I love it when that happens.  Reaves is back in daycare today so that she can ease back into the routine when her momma returns to work.  It will be a gradual process with people counters at the door and everybody wearing masks.  They can only operate at 50% capacity during phase 1.  

Church is planning on another drive in service next Sunday, weather permitting.  The staff has been so innovative with outreach during the past weeks to keep us all connected as a church family.  What a blessing from Big Ernie.

Y'all be faithful and safe ^j^







 


No comments:

Post a Comment