Saturday, April 18, 2020

rally round

I'm not kidding y'all.  These armed protests over stay at home orders scare the shit out of me.  I saw a video where a hospital employee trying to get to work in the midst of a pandemic got blocked from entering by the massive traffic jam which was aimed at the hospital.  That's some scary shit.  He did a rant from his car and was about to blow a gasket.  

Here's my take on this.  If you think your rights are being violated for the sake of a public health emergency, go right ahead and do whatever you like.  If you get the virus, too bad.  But to endanger the lives of people by creating chaos is stupid and selfish.  Don't wanna wear a mask?  Fine, that's your choice.  But to carry long guns and give out candy to kids on the capitol steps is a bit much.  

I understand the stresses involved with not being able to do what you want to do.  I've been living it for four months since the surgery.  You adapt and change your lifestyle day by day.  This is a very hard time for America and the world and inciting violence is not the answer.  There are children being raised by these morons who will grow up to be just like them.  If they don't all die from COVID, that is. Or shoot each other accidentally.

My saviour of the day is none other than BG who is currently picking up Arnica from Sunflower and some mexicans to eat.  After that we will commence to declutter and clean a bit.  And bond.

It is day 6 after the fall and I'm still moving slow, sometimes with a walker.  Each day gets a bit better because I'm pushing myself to keep moving.  When I first wake up is the worst.  I've done the MFR moves once and will continue with that.  Getting my big girl panties on.

Please be kind and find some sort of empathy for others.  That is what will truly make us great ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment