Tuesday, April 21, 2020

muddy puddles

My girls surprised me with a visit today which was just what a Gaga needed.  Reaves painted and played with the pink jeep that Uncle Rick brought her.  She even painted that!  While Lauren and I sat in the sun on the steps, she took off running through the mud puddles in my driveway.  It's a warm day so that's okay.  I felt my spirits soar as I spent time with mia familia.  

This morning I went to pick up some stuff at Kroger with a cane so that I could get out to open the trunk and close it back.  They are not allowed to touch your car, ya know.  I just put in another order for some things I forgot.  We shall see if there are substitutions.  Most of this one is organic except for the Ritz chips.  Pickup on Thursday.  Maybe I'll be walking better by then.  

My nurse friend told me it would take a solid six weeks to recover from the fall. Boo and hiss but it is what it is.  This too shall pass.

I rarely send out vague posts on FB but last night I felt that I was totally alone.  Burned the bridges, so to speak.  Tennessee and Georgia and South Carolina among others will open for business on May 1st.  Again, this is up to individuals to social distance and whatnot.  If you don't?  It's on you.  Wear a mask and make some hand sanitizer out of aloe vera juice and alcohol, equal parts.  

My next project is to get that raised bed leveled and full of organic material to plant.  Plus purchase a good hose and aluminum sprinkler wand.  That puppy will be close to the water source which is a well.  

My heart is full ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment