Wednesday, April 1, 2020

mad as hell

I did not give up cussin' for Lent so I'm allowed to use that word.  It's a good thing because I called a lot of people mofos today including the guy who almost hit me while merging and talking on his phone.  "Get off you effin' phone" I yelled into the space of my car.  My reason for being out was to pick up some steroid cream for the poison ivy.  Nothing more.  Oh yeah, I did go to the ATM where the line was a mile long.  Some poor lady at the front of the line waved at the pregnant girl in the car behind her for help using the new ATM.  Bless 'em both.

Mostly, I am mad at Trump, like more than usual.  During a time when people are losing their insurance due to COVID he has refused to allow open enrollment for the ACA because...well you know.  It was Obama's baby and he hates all things Obama.  That little 1200 buck check won't even begin to cover medical costs for the uninsured.  I also blame him for the my huge mess with the Marketplace.  He has whittled away at it since taking office.  I am still in active appeal on my case and expect a phone call this afternoon.  Let's pray I don't lose my cool and cuss somebody out.  

The girls are happy and well as they can be while under quarantine.  You know what's really scary??  To think that the ventilator that kept me alive post-op is now an essential for Covid patients that is being rationed.  What if that had happened to me in these times?  It was all just beginning while I was in the hospital.  I was put on a vent due to a life threatening emergency that involved two surgeries in two days.  That's a lot of anesthesia.  

I try to stay positive.  Really, I do.  But this entire debacle could have been headed off at the pass if the powers that be had listened or if we had in place a good emergency response system.  If, if, if.  Yet we are stuck with the reality of what we have.  A global pandemic without enough supplies and exhausted healthcare workers.  God help us.

Sorry there's no rainbows and unicorns here today.  My last post was a bit more upbeat but I'm in a mood that I can't seem to shake and it's not about isolation.  It's about a lack of leadership during a crisis of proportions that we have never seen.  

Rant over.  May the Lord bless us and keep us ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment