Wednesday, November 20, 2019

speechless

Of course I've been watching the impeachment hearings.  Things don't look very good for the POTUS.  Sondland flipped on Trump, probably to save his own ass like Cohen and all the rest.  I heard that Stone bailed out until his sentencing in February.  Alrighty then.  

I did a couple more hours of pickin' this morning and then went to lunch with some friends.  I'm about to lose steam on this thing even with the good weather.  My two favorite trees  on the lane are still holding on tight to their bounty.  I can see me now after the next big freeze with a rake and a basket on my knees.  

I would like to give big old hugs for those who are hurting as we approach the holiday season.  Firsts are always hard no matter who you lost.  Reaves' bonus mom lost her mother today, on my late mother's birthday,  Kind of eerie in a calming sort of way. We always had a huge traditional Thanksgiving feast and way too many places to go on Christmas until the final years which were pretty much Snoopy tree and brunch cooked by me, Bubba and Lauren.  I miss those days, with Daddy stomping snow off his boots when he came in from pulling a calf.  

But that was then, and this is now.  I am blessed beyond belief to have led a mostly healthy life in spite of taking risks.  That's all I need to have a happy holiday ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment