Tuesday, November 19, 2019

downward dog

Two years ago on December 7th I had surgery on my left shoulder.  It was an old tear that resulted in the ends of the tendon not meeting for repair. This was totally different from the right side when I fell on the ice and it was promptly repaired.  Plus a bunch of arthritis scraping out.  The torn left side came on quickly over about six months.  I had one shot and was over it ready to fix it.  Only they couldn't.  My only options were a reverse shoulder replacement with limited mobility or a cadaver implant with a nine month recovery period.  I chose to sit on it.  

During that time I left work.  I knew in  my heart that I could not do the job anymore in my physical state. I had insurance and pay for three months following the surgery.  I was 62 and knew what I had to do.  One of my former co-workers actually signed me up for SS.  It was divine timing because things were a hot mess.  I had a new grandchild that I needed to go see in another city and the freedom to do that.  I can't help it y'all, I still think she's the cutest kid that every lived.  

I did the blow, rake and pick routine.  As in modified downward dog with my own dogs eating them while I crawled.  Ain't nothing like the sound of a nut cracking.  I got hit on the head by one falling the other day and it stayed sore forever.  The weather has moderated for a bit and it's a beautiful day on the lane.  

And the greatest of these is love ^j^ 


No comments:

Post a Comment