Saturday, November 9, 2019

across the aisle

I've worn my Bernie 2016 hoodie for two days in a row because it's warm enough to pick pecans in.  I even slept in my clothes last night because it was so cold.  I went up in the chicken store this morning and the gentlemen beside me said "I like your shirt."  "Oh" I said.  Do you like Bernie?  He grinned like the devil and tipped his camo hat at me that had Trump on it.  At least it wasn't one of those hideous MAGA ones.  I stuck my hand out to shake his and we agreed to reach past that difference in opinion.  Ain't America great?  We should all try to do that more often instead of hurling insults and arguing.  
  
I spent a solid two hours picking at both places today and had to give it a rest.  I spoke with the lady who will be doing the crack and blow this morning and their operation starts up on the 18th.  My burlap bags are getting fuller by the day with two different varieties.   My brother's old saying "If ifs and buts were chips and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas" comes to mind.  

I am also keeping a keen eye on propane usage and have done well so far by keeping the thermostat on 62.  That will change next week I'm sure.  Last year, I was unemployed until January so money was right and propane guy fronted me.  I'm slowly paying him down 200 bucks at a time.  And once again, I am unemployed.  But you know what?  I'm blessed and I'm making it by the grace of God.  

The girls were going to come today but Reaves is having a terrible twos day so it's not really worth the drama when she's in that mood.  She said my name on the phone but didn't want to go anywhere because she would have to put on socks.  LMAO.  Boy do I know that feeling.

Y'all be careful out there, and remember who you are ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment