Monday, November 11, 2019

my favorite veteran

Lord, y'all it would take me all day to name them.   My Daddy served during the Korean conflict in the Azores.  My friend Joe was in the middle of Iraq.  My cousin in law Ron served in Vietnam along with Larry Williams and countless others.  There are very few WWII vets left but I know one of them and his name is Richard Hill.   My buddy Chuck learned the lessons of a lifetime in the Army.  To all who have served and protected our country I say thank you from the bottom of my heart.  

I decided to try exercise again today and it wasn't too bad considering I've been out for two weeks with the knee.  As I was leaving I noticed that the Veteran's Day festivities were getting rained out but hopefully they made up time when the showers stopped.  I am now in my pajama pants conserving that 30% of propane as long as I can.  And for all you people who have up Christmas decorations?  It's your fault.  

I can't tell you how many times I have de-iced that old Camry in the dark so I could get to work.  On time.  I have no carport you see and the ice does so fly up here on the hill.  Doors frozen shut.  Been there, done that.  Plus, the cardboard on the windshield does NOT work.

Stay warm peeps.  Looks like the arctic blast is about to get us where it hurts ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment