Friday, November 8, 2019

bone chilling

Picture this, if you will.  I stayed up way past bedtime and woke up refreshed enough to visit the cabin for some picking.  I check it every freakin' day.  It was about 35ish and me and the other two pickers on the lane were just about froze.  Looks like two days of a little warmer so, there's that.  I may be the only girl in the world who gets the yard mowed according to pecan season.  No, Lorna does that too.  Only she has an orchard!!

Living on Pecan Lane with its' hundred year old trees draping over gives me a sense of peace.  Not that times won't be hard or bad things won't happen.  It's just home to me.  There is nothing more beautiful than a winter sunset from my front porch.  

Art is perking along.  We are a far flung bunch and I'm not a great organizer but I'm getting better.  All it would take is one day of clerical work to get my ducks in a row.  That's on the calendar.  Thanks to all the good cooks yesterday I still have some leftovers.  The colors out here are straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting.  

^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment