Wednesday, November 1, 2017

good for the soul

I'm probably gonna' piss some people off but so be it.  I've watched with interest as more and more "important people" come out with their stories of abuse at the hands of others even more important than them.  While I understand the power of confession, the way it's being played by the media is very wrong.  Kids/women/ethnic groups/etc and yes...even men, are abused daily in some way and often times sexually.  Because we are the little people it gets swept under the rug.  I don't give a rat's ass who Harvey hit on.  I thought it was kind of humorous how House of Cards got cancelled again re: Spacey when it was already cancelled.  See what I mean.

There is real power in telling your stories of abuse.  Sometimes it's referred to as the rock in your shoe.  Once you realize that it was horrible and talk about it in a calm and peaceful setting, it loses its' power.  We tell them to our closest friends and preachers and therapists.  Whatever works, I say.  The key is knowing that you are heard and not judged.  

Beth told me Kid Rock is coming to Bridgestone in a few months but she's already seen him this tour.  We work together saving lives and whatnot.  I had the opportunity to visit with two previous co-workers today and both brought joy to my day.  It's the little things about being local that make it worthwhile.

^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment