Sunday, November 26, 2017

blast from the past

One of my mother's oldest childhood friends is Jeanne Mallard.  Out of the blue she called me last night to say she had something Mama had made for her back in their early bridge days.  She lives at an assisted living facility in Bells so I stopped by for a visit on the way home this morning.  At 86 she is still a live wire and drives *but not at night* to Dyersburg and Jackson.  She shared a story with me as we visited in the foyer about the births of myself and her son Jack.  I was due in August and was late.  Jack was due September 4th and came on time.  Miss Jeanne said my big old pregnant mom came huffing and puffing up into the Baird Brewer hospital crying " it's not FAIR!"  I was born 5 days later in the same place and so was JoAnn Davis.  She gifted me with a 50 year old tablecloth set that my mother cross stiched and gave her one year at Christmas.  Priceless!  It will be handed down to the next two generations.  

Reaves and I watched CBS Sunday Morning together just like my parents did.  Lauren took that opportunity for an extra nap.  We both slept well because Reaves had daddy time overnight.  She is so alert now!  It makes my heart melt when she smiles at me.  

Back to the sawmill tomorrow.  It's a matter of days now until I get my shoulder fixed and I pray that it works.  The pain is getting worse by the day but I keep stretching so it won't freeze up on me.

Enjoy the day.  It looks pretty awesome from where I sit on the top of the hill.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment