Friday, November 24, 2017

safe travels

I think this is probably the busiest week of the year for airlines and whatnot.  Thank goodness I don't have to fly across the country to eat turkey with relatives.  Most of my people are right around here except for Virginia Bro and his crew.  I have, however, been burning up the road to Jackson lately so I stopped by Speed Lube this morning for a checkup.  It was as Hoss would say "not good."  Being a girl and all I tend to neglect car maintenance until it's to the point of dangerous.  I left there with an oil change, new transmission fluid and a new air filter, all badly needed.  I could tell the difference on the ride home. 

There's a lone picker out there between our two houses doing the sit and reach method which is what I prefer.  I was all fired up to go to the cabin today or to Silvertop for my own picking.  The spirit told me to take an allergy pill and avoid the leaves.  Tomorrow I go to see the girls and bask in front of the Christmas tree that is already up!  Lauren said she was channeling Daddy when she decorated.  I bet Reaves loves the lights.  She definitely loves TV....even football.  

It is quiet here, and I like that.  Whenever I think about living somewhere other than this paradise, I factor in the stress of 24/7 noise.  Unless there's hunting in progress, you can hear the voices of the wind and nature.  Coyotes are back after a long absence.  There's a lot of timber cutting going on so I guess they got flushed up closer to the lane.  I love the sound...reminds me of my childhood.

I'm still in the process of getting things pre-arranged for surgery.  Since I work there it's pretty easy, ya know?  The surgeon is one that I met recently who practices out of Jackson and is on staff at multiple hospitals.  His Dyersburg office is primo thanks to an excellent staff.  

I wish I had a buck for every tree being lit today.  Driving behind a gal carrying a live one I poked along praying it didn't fly off and hit me.  It was strapped in, stand and all.  Lowe's was covered up.  I didn't go down 78 but I bet it was a hot mess too.  Happy Black Friday from Pecan Lane.

keepin' the faith ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment