Saturday, November 18, 2017

breakfast with reaves

Reaves woke up about 4:30 which is about my ideal wakey if I'm not gonna be stumbling into work.  We sat in my daddy's recliner in my office and bonded while she fed.  My friend gave her some megasize dr browns so that came in handy.  Work was steady but, by the grace of God, manageable.  I just missed seeing the baby on her way out of town with daddy.  There's always next weekend.  

A cold front moved through and dropped the temps by 30 degrees.  It was quick and windy and as it ended up, a huge mess on Troy avenue right in front of Beverly and Randy's house.  I saw a neighbor out taking pictures.  It WAS a big ass tree that took down a pole and all the wires at a major juncture.  Cops everywhere.  You Lattawoods people take a left.  

I have thought a lot about the motivation of giving lately.  Being blessed with a still anonymous Blog Fairy for two years led me to believe in the grace of giving because one is financially able to do so.  All of these fund raising societies and organizers prey on the cause to get PR for themselves.  Take the American Cancer Society v Dyer County Community Cancer Fund.  With the ACS there are huge administrative costs.  DCCCF keeps it local.  

Watching the fall blow in.  That's what Daddy said to me out front one day when he found me sitting in that wind watching leaves fly.  We more than likely talked about the hospital becuse he was still a volunteer there.  Or maybe the coyotes.  Lauren reminded me a memory of Mama when she was dehydrated or something that made her crazy as a loon.  "It's ALL George Bush's fault!!!" she cried out as she tried to climb the curtains.  Lerd.  Mama was a volunteer too.  That's what they did with the church as well.  They honored their faith by giving back their time and talents to the Kingdom.  In that, they never wavered.  Financially they were good stewards in our local congregation.  They are still adored by a whole bunch of us who grew in faith at the corner of Main and McGaughey. 

It's back to the sawmill for me tomorrow.  Let's pray the epizootie doesn't take us all over!  Hold that thought Mitzi Lou.  Love ya....mean it.

^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment