Saturday, November 4, 2017

heartsong

Lauren and Reaves arrived yesterday and we had a few visitors plus an outing to meet the lab folks and Uncle Bubba at the fuel center.  We all managed a five hour stretch of sleep which is sort of amazing.  I took first duty three hours after we went to bed and Lauren took the next round probably around 3.  We were shocked when we woke up and it was 8AM!  Reaves started out in the magic cradle but ended up as the filling of a sammich between me and her mama.  

We ran into an old friend and her 8 month old grandson in the parking lot at Kroger so that turned into a meet'n'greet on the spot. By 8 this morning her daddy was wanting to know when she'd be home.  Smitten, he is.  Everything gets put on hold when they're here and rightfully so.  I cherish our time together.  

One of the friends we hooked up with was KayKay my oldest childhood friend.  Lauren just opened the shower gift from her because it's been riding in Aunt Mo's car since August.  Hey....we're all busy you know.  It was the softest fluffiest little snuggly thing to sleep on that I've ever seen.  Cute too!  Millette is my mother's namesake like Reaves, and they bonded ferociously yesterday.  Mamye came by....and my dear friend Punkin.  

I now look at life as an unbroken circle.  Elisabeth K Ross wrote a book by that name that was recommended to me by a libriarian and it's one of my favorites.  She established a hospice for AIDS patients in Afton Virginia which is where my brother eventually moved.  Small world, indeed.

Y'all enjoy the colors while they last ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment