Monday, November 20, 2017

and justice for all

I noticed this morning at the gentral' that there was nobody around....kinda eerie.  When I pulled up to the checkout with my cart full the sole employee on duty came out of the office and told me her tale of the day.  While she was working BY HERSELF probably trying to declutter the aisles that are filled with stock, three people came in and stole hundreds of dollars worth of stuff.  She was watching the security tape which is why she wasn't right there.  Now, number one:  these folks makes minimum wage for the thankless job of waiting on people in an understaffed store.  And Number two, it is an extremely dangerous practice to have one person running the whole place.  Had these people been armed, I might have found her dead on the floor.  The law showed up while she was checking me out and I was greeted with a "Hi Ms Janie" from Eric.  This particular store used to be the best in Dyersburg.  Since Diane left to manage a new store in RoEllen, Four Points has gone steadily downhill.  You can't get get through the aisles for the boxes of unpacked stock parked everywhere.  This is also due to understaffing.  Sooooo....my big mouth called the corporate office to complain about the entire situation, but especially about that employee being left alone to fend for herself.  About 30 minutes later I got a call asking for somebody that wasn't my name.  Wrong number, I replied.  Five minutes later she called me back and apologized for not getting my name right.  It was the district manager for the gentral' brand answering my complaint.  Thanks for your feedback, she said.  We'll do better, she said.  At least she called me back!!

After that I headed to meet with the expert on small business incubation at his new place downtown.   We have a dream in the works that is really exciting.  His restoration of ancient brick walls and iron ceiling rails makes a stunning piece of workspace.  As partners the three of us dreamed about the possibilities.  Then I met up with some other friends for an unhurried lunch.  We are all in this life together and they have been really good to me and Lauren and Reaves.  

The weather is gawjus and there was a picker in the green wheat poking around under trees that have no nuts.  Amateur.  I can't pick if I wanted to because of the wicked shoulder. Which is paining me more by the day.  Bubba is really wanting some Janice dressing and we're both working so I'm making that and deviled eggs and he'll meet me at work during lunch.  Whomever else is there will join us for Thanksgiving.  Mama would love that story.  

Gratitude ~


No comments:

Post a Comment