Wednesday, November 29, 2017

at a snail's pace

You know how sometimes it's an effort to put one foot in front of the other?  Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at.  The water died yesterday afternoon which I discovered right after my friend left from our visit.  She told me all about her trip and Huck bonded with the elder boys.   I had noticed the county doing ditch work and thought immediately "they hit something."  When I called Bubba to tell him his response was "Janie.  You have a well! "  Duh.  I was a day and a half out from last shower so I called the neighbors and they offered their bathroom.  The dogs rode with me and hung around outside with Libby.  Thanks guys.  

The water was fixed when I got home, hallelujah!  Turned out to be a bad switch on the pump.  I remember when this time of year came around, Daddy would come up with a shovel and winterize the pump for me, complete with hanging bulb.  It stayed that way 'til spring.  I still have the same cover that was here when we moved in 1988.  Other times he and Bubba would change out fuses just generally trying to keep this old house going.  There are people who lived here before me like Ms Mary Crawford and the Councils.  They were the tenants for 50 years.  Horse man, I do believe.  I enjoy her flowers every spring.

Be strong ~






1 comment: