Saturday, October 14, 2017

when you know too much

Right now I'm listening to the sound of Reaves' electric cradle and worried sick about her mama.  Infections do not play when there have been multiple surgeries involved.  I noticed ampicillin hanging when I left there which is useless against MRSA many times.  The fact that is is three weeks and a few days after delivery makes it quite worrisome.  The tribe is keeping an eye on her. My job is to be grandma for a night with no supervision.  

I go back to the sawmill on Monday facing a new reality, one which involves 12 hour shifts.  It's been a looooong time since I've done that and I'm not too thrilled about the prospect at the age of 62.  Early retirement is looking better all the time.  For the first 15 years of my career we worked all three shifts, often on call for 24 hours at a time.  I was in my twenties then.  It was a different time but I did the odd shifts even after Lauren was born in 1984.  

I'm at a crossroads and I will prayerfully do what's right for me and my family.  There is no reward for work ethic in today's corporate world.  My brother messaged me that Kroger is selling off their convenience stores to concentrate on the grocery business.  The one in D'burg just spent millions on a remodel with the same space when they could have built a brand new store.  Go figure.

Sorry to be a downer but sometimes you just can't suck it up and smile.  Today is one of those for me.  I ran into a friend at the food court today whose 87 year old mother had a stroke last night and ended up in the same hospital as Lauren.  Y'all pray for her too.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment