Monday, October 23, 2017

welfare check

I spent a long time on a post yesterday and wiped it out with one errant finger on the keyboard.  The only thing I remember is that Mamye and I check on each other every day.  The rest got lost with the delete.  I'm sure it was some sort of rambling diatribe.

I tried to avoid driving in the rain which is my second worst challenge vs at night, so I didn't go to Jackson until this morning.  In.The.Rain.  But boy was it worth it!  I got to hug my babygirls and have Rock 'n Dough calzone.  People come and go there in the village.  There's a nice new fence up thanks to Mike's crew.  Keeps the crackheads out.  We passed in the parking lot and he showed me his birthday present:  A blanket with an image of him holding Reaves....and I took it!  She spent the night with his family while Lauren was recovering.  I saw the light back in her eyes today and that's a blessing.  

Autumn is upon us.  On the drive home in the sun I gawked at the colors and cotton.  Native pecans crunch under the tires when I pull onto my gravel.  I noticed a large orchard somewhere between here and there.....Maury City maybe?  Huge old trees like Lorna's.  

Y'all  keep the faith and leave room for the spirit to work ~

No comments:

Post a Comment