Wednesday, October 18, 2017

decompression

We have been in crisis mode so long that it didn't take much to put me to bed last night.  I woke up tired not ever suspecting the clusterf**k to come.  At some point as we were working away we noticed that orders and results were not going through the interfaces to the host.  Fine then...call IT.  At that time of the morning it consists of somebody at the corporate level who trouble shoots a bit then passes it to the software vendor.  That is where I left it with two reference numbers before we began manually entering results.  Around midday I called good old Mike to come take a look see because a savvy lady at the vendor's call center suggested he check for new security.  As it turns out that was indeed the issue and he fixed it in less than five minutes.  It's one of the few times I remember our rag tag bunch breaking out in cheers and clapping!  And thank you Claudine for that valuable piece of info.  

Lauren will ( hopefully ) go home with Reaves this evening.  They are together at the hospital now and that makes me happy because that poor girl was heartbroken over missing that baby.  Lisa will give birth to Lyra tomorrow morning adding another baby to our grandma club.  It's been a busy one for sure.  Martha is next and then Janie and Nat have theirs in the winter.  

It's quiet here and I love it after the noise of the day.  All I hear is the birds singing and the cat purring.  If I shut my eyes I can imagine that little sucking noise Reaves makes when she's eating or working on the wubanub.  

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment