Friday, October 13, 2017

my father's eyes

Oh boy.  If I ever have to spend a month in and out of Jackson General again at least I'll know my way around.  Lauren's procedure was the last on the doctor's list, the one we like so well.  Therefore, it was way past dark thirty when we finally left the building.  There were scripts to be filled and we missed the Kroger cutoff time so here we go to the 24/7 Walgreens on a mission for food and medicine.  A note to you shoppers: Dinner for two can be bought there easily for fifteen bucks worth of appetizers.  By the time we got to the house Lauren was missing that baby so her daddy brought her home all swaddled in a blanket.  He was tired and so were we.  Long day for everybody.  We stayed up 'til midnight piddling and slept until Lauren got in severe enough gastric pain that I had to make ANOTHER run to Walgreens for gas relief.  Reaves ate and slept and played a bit...gazing in wonder at whatever it is she can see at this point.  

I heard Lauren say from outside in the sun "Mom...Cardinal" but she was on the phone so I wasn't sure if she was talking to me.  When I went to the door she told me there had been one on the bush beside her.  " Grandaddy" I said.  "She looks like you Mom"  I replied that I look like my mother so there you go.  She looks like little Janice Ann Reaves.  And acts like Billy Stafford when she's mad.  Lauren is such a good mother. Her first outing will be to Soberstock tomorrow.  A debut, if you will into that community.  

I headed home after that and had a safe trip.  These days I don't take that for granted anymore.  High five to Madison county on.the repaving.  Your city deserved better.  My tour of the blood bank at the hospital yesterday was fascinating.  They do ten times the volume of transfusion medicine that we do but have a staff dedicated to just that as a major medical center.  Trauma isn't there forte as they are usually an in between point with Air Evac shuttling to and fro.  That's why we have a helicopter parked out back.  Google EMTALA.

The critters were happy to see me roll into the driveway and I'm glad to be in one spot for a minute.  I have cleaning to do before next weekend's Dyersburg visit by the girls.  Like....a lot.  

Teach your children well ~


No comments:

Post a Comment