Wednesday, October 11, 2017

chill

Finally there is one that is October worthy.  Gimme some 50s and 70s pleaseandthankyou.  Oh and some colorful leaves.  And a newer car.  Hey...I don't ask for much.  The lane was still covered in water with full ditches as I headed out in the dark, my headlights gleaming against the stop sign's reflection in that ever present puddle.  The county dug out the big ditch on the right and all that debris kind of dammed up like a beaver's work mid lane.  I made it to work yesterday and today with time to spare.  Just so you know!

I get to see my girls tomorrow and feel a lot of joy in that.  We're meeting at the hospital for her procedure then headed to home where Reaves is well cared for by Erica et al.  I know the place well by now after spending a week there.  Remind me to tell you the one about the poor guy that got dropped.  I'll leave straight from the sawmill with packed bags and pet sitter plans made.  Thanks Mamye D.

There was a big piece in our local paper today about the overturning of a murder conviction in Lake county.  It's a story with a lot of layers that ended up with two people dead.  I work with their daughter and she smiles in spite of the loss.  That's called faith.

It may sound corny, but I feel an obligation to Reaves to share the ones who came before her.  Surely Lauren will because she still misses them like me.  When my Daddy retired he began work on his family tree and hunted down Joe Lee Stafford for years....his great grandfather?  The whole thing started down there in Blue Mountain Mississippi.  

Group hug y'all ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment