Monday, August 10, 2020

what goes around

Bubba and I were talking yesterday about furnishings for the cabin when it is finished.  Oddly enough, Mama's bed which we sold, came back to me whey Tracy moved and it still sits in my dining room.  It is a 3/4 antique beauty.  The legs were cut off to make it easier for her to get in and out of but that's no biggie.  We were talking about a dresser to go with it when I remembered that another buyer who got the antique dresser with a mirror told me that I could have it back if and when I moved in there.  Which probably ain't gonna' happen.  Anywho, I talked to her yesterday and explained that it will be a place for family gatherings and we're trying to re-create the original furnishings so she said yes indeed.  Come and get it!  It all seems to be coming together in an odd sort of way.

I hit up Kroger today and got what I needed for a couple of weeks.  I got a 12 pk of toilet paper and I'm taking bets on how long it will take Ellie to destroy it.  I am a cheapo shopper and will buy an "ooops" in a heartbeat.  There are certain things I must have like Lewis bread and Oscar Mayer turkey but other than that I'm a generic kind of gal.  Propel has been absent from all but convenience stores at 2 bucks a pop so I found some nice cheap Nestle mandarin orange flavor.  Must.Stay.Hydrated.

I will officially be on Medicare in two weeks or so and will then begin the process of pursuing the reconnective surgery for my ostomy.  It's been a long 8 months with my little buddy the bag.  For the most part, once we got the proper device, it has not given me problems except for an occasional leak which causes more frequent bag changes which causes skin irritation and burning.  But hey....at least I'm alive to tell it.

It's devo time so I'll see y'all on the other side ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment