Wednesday, August 26, 2020

do stupid things, win stupid prizes



That is a direct quote from my baby brother with whom I chatted at length today.  I caught him he was driving and we had to give it up when he got to the dead zone.  I had forgotten how funny he can be with all his different impersonations.  Plus he turned me on to Joe and his podcasts.  Very funny!  Lord knows we all need to laugh.  That's why I keep watching The Office and Kristen Hampton and Some Good News.

My test was negative and Lauren is still waiting on hers.  I have to give kudos to the Dyer County Health Department for a quick response.  The logistics involved in testing that many people is something that you can't comprehend until you've been a part of it.  My swabber was pleasant and efficient and gave me a chance to catch my breath from the first nostril.  My response was "get it."  I'm sure it was a treat for her to have a big girl in line.

Here's my question as a lab tech.  Why are there rapid tests available for RSV and influenza but not COVID.  If I had a dime for every RSV and FLU A/B I performed in my career, I'd be in Fiji.  Or Belize.  Fifteen minutes and you have a result.  That would be a good business opportunity for the healthcare industry.  Just saying.

Some unknown number just called again so I reckon somebody wants to defraud me of my SSN.  Sorry dude.  You will NOT steal my joy.  Peace and grace to you and mama'n'them ^j^







No comments:

Post a Comment