Tuesday, August 25, 2020

aqua therapy

They say that exercising in the water is good for your joints so I headed over to the garden of eden that is my friends' pool to give the knee a workout.  I took it easy because I didn't want to slip and fall but I tell you that jet on the knee was exquisite.  After that I just floated and became one with the universe.  I seriously want a bottle tree like they have so if anybody wants to give me an expensive birthday present, that's the thing.  I used to put buttercups in those cobalt blue Bud Light bottles and it was beautiful to behold in my kitchen window.  

Lauren and I are both waiting for COVID test results which, as we know, takes time.  LabCorp is so backed up it takes up to two weeks.  By then, you're probably over it so what's the point?  Ours should both be back within a day or two.  It seems that the more transparent you are with public health officials the more complicated things are, like contact tracing.  If you are named as a contact the health department asks for contacts, yada yada.  Here's the catch....they will tell you to quarantine longer even if you have a negative test.  This affects people's jobs and paychecks.  Now I'm a scientist and all but I see this whole thing is like a hamster running the wheel.  

Ironically I got a DNCC mailing today with a picture of Pelosi facing off a bunch of angry men and asking for a donation.  There's no telling how much that costs.  I say save the money and don't do the mailings.  Most everybody already has their mind made up so there you go.  I received multiple mailings from a local candidate who obviously didn't know I'm not "one of them" because they kept on coming.  The money for that kind of crap is provided by rich donors on both sides.  What I think is genius is the lady who had a 10K budget and beat her competitors by targeting non-voters.  You gotta get them out to vote for sure and that's where you focus your demographic strategy.  

I transplanted a hosta from Mozella's yard sometime in the spring and it just sat there all summer.  Today I noticed the late bloomer showing out.  It reminded me not to ever give up.

Y'all be happy and well.  Please be nice to others and get your head outta' your ass to meet people where they are.  We are all God's children ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment