Saturday, August 8, 2020

girls day out

I woke up with an agenda this morning that first involved a visit to the Farmer's Market.  My temp was checked and I headed straight toward my friend Paige and her tie dye creations.  I was already wearing one of her masks and bought two tshirts.  This chick is amazing.  I also passed by a small display of pottery run by someone who looked like a teenager.  Beautiful small pieces.  And then I was off to my next adventure.

Lauren and Reaves arrived and we had to discuss whether to paint or go to the "big pool" where Doonie lives.  Eventually the big pool won out and we had a ball splashing and floating.  She's a very bossy little thang and insisted on Mama doing this that and the other.  We even both jumped up and down to make a wave pool for her.  Mostly I just floated in Chucky's chair.  That thing is to die for.  

She fell asleep wrapped like a burrito in a towel on the way to my house but woke up and wanted to come back in.  We had to make an emergency stop at the 'gentral for pullups so that was a good chance to finish drying clothes and eating ice cream and a popsicle.  

Lauren and I got a chance to catch up in between and all is well.  Our bond grows ever stronger by the day.  Watching Reaves today I could barely believe that it's been almost three years since that night in September when she was born by emergency C-section.  That whole story is a nightmare best forgotten.  From all of that pain and suffering came a new life that is spunky and happy.  I pray that life never takes away that joyful spirit.  There are times for all of us that we suffer but being faithful to me, means looking for the blessings.  Reaves is one of those.

We talked about what we will do in the winter when we can't go outside and play.  I reckon we will just watch TV and make cookies or something.  My mama would love that.  

Peace and love.  And always, joy ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment