Friday, August 21, 2020

musings

"Life is difficcult."  Scott Peck started his greatest work with this simple declaration.  He goes on to explain that once we grasp that as reality, we can rise above that power.  Sure it's hard......for everybody.  There are losses and conflicts and hardships for each of us and to assume that there's a "reason" for things will drive you crazy.  It is not always God's will.  It is the circle of life and an invitation to embrace each day fully as if it were your last.  The thing I miss most about the COVID era is a good long hug, especially when you can tell that somebody is hurting and needs it.  I have been known to cheat on that which I did today when telling my good buddy Chris goodbye.

Thanks to time, a knee brace and a variety of treatments I am walking much better today.  I can walk around the house without the cane but use it to get up and down and in and out.  Baby steps y'all.  I've been there before and I'm a pretty ummmm... persistant broad.  Most everybody I know has health issues that they must deal with.  This is part of the aging process or sometimes not.  Sometimes, it just is.  Looking in the rearview I should have had a CT longggggg before that day when it was an emergency.  Part of that is on me for not insisting during my first ER visit.  I knew I needed it and was told I didn't.  I knew better and should have tap danced on that stretcher until it was done.  

The butterflies and creepy crawlies are everywhere.  I saw these scary looking stinging caterpillars on a tree in my flower bed and I knew better than to get close.  They devoured that limb and moved on.  I like the leaner look of my box garden now that all the useless stuff is pulled up.  That maybe have been what threw the knee out.  Who knows!

Y'all have a lovely weekend and remember to be nice to others.  I've been blessed plenty of times by folks who just want to help a girl out ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment