Tuesday, August 18, 2020

out of control

There is something terribly scary about being sick and in the hospital, especially these days.  I was there in an emergency situation the month before COVID hit the US.  It took me months to recover from that.  While I was there I schooled  few nurses on being quiet because I was sick.  I'm hoping that doesn't happen next go around.

Healthcare providers for the most part are caring and compassionate.  I was one of them back in the  day.  I don't regret a minute of it even though things got ugly at times.  I was the transfusion service supervisor which included, among other things, making sure we had enough blood on the shelves for any and all emergencies and there were a lot of them.  PPH and trauma and surgery and whatnot.  There is a thing called "red tag" when somebody is bleeding out and you scoop up some O neg and run it up to wherever.  Lots of doctors used that to cover their mistakes and asses.  That shit is too precious to waste if you know what I mean.  If the antibody screen is positive you have to identify it and provide antigen negative blood or else there will be a reaction which causes other problems like a positive DAT.  

Now that you're impressed with my blood bank knowledge, I will move onto other things like the upcoming Virgo fest that is my birthday...and Lauren's.  And Reaves.  They are both on the cusp of Libra but not quite there.  Once a Virgo, always a Virgo.  

I watched snippets of the debate and heard that Michelle went smooth the fuck off on Trump.  You go girl!  I'm ready to vote right damn now.  In person.

Everything gonna' be alright ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment