Saturday, August 15, 2020

make new friends but keep the old

One is silver and the other gold.  That Girl Scout memory popped into my head as I was mulling over how blessed I am to have to many true friends.  They have come to me at various stages in life for a brief intense time and then we moved apart.  Heck, I even made a lot of new friends as a result of that bad ass surgery.  I'm ready to move on the next one and have an appointment next month for consultation.  Let's get 'er done.

I set my alarm to get to the Farmer's Market in time to catch the early bird specials.  I didn't buy anything from Tie One On today but got a minute to visit with Paige and Rob.  I had been told about a lady who makes fantastic bread, jellies and jams so I made a bee line for her as soon as my temp got checked.  I got a loaf of sour dough and some strawberry butter which are to die for.  And, made a new friend in Sheryl Hopgood.  Got some squash from some guy and stopped to admire a young girl's soap display on the way out.  Hey....I'm a cheap date and easy to amuse.  

I am determined to walk daily in spite of the loose gravel.  I have to kind of look for the smooth spots and avoid the little piles.  The dogs enjoyed it too.  It's really beautiful peaceful scenery with nice breaks of shade by the pecan trees.   I'm looking forward to the day when I can power walk.  Oddly enough just a few months ago I was on a walker.  Time, steroids and Meloxicam heal.  

And so, we go day by day seeing what unfolds.  Nothing surprises me anymore because I've been at that place where chaos reigned, mostly because of my control issues.  Just let it go, for your own sanity.  And because your mama said so ^j^

1 comment:

  1. The only thing we truly control is how we react to situations...

    ReplyDelete