Monday, August 31, 2020

medicare eve

As of tomorrow I will be be covered by Medicare parts A and B plus a supplement that includes drug coverage.  There will still be costs involved like co-pays and a small deductible but nothing like the nightmare I've been living this year with the marketplace.  My SS check will be less to cover this privilege so I am still paying a premium.  It's time to start making appointments and lining things up healthwise.  I spent the morning delivering my friend Mamye for an upper and lower scope which thankfully were negative.  Now they have to figure out why she has chronic anemia.  Next visit she will swallow the tiny little camera to finish up that part of the diagnostics.  It was good to see old friends at the surgery center and she was delivered to me post-op by one of my favorites, Karen Wilson.  

While she was in the OR I visited with my dear friend Yaya and left her house with a stack of stuff including a birthday batch of the famous Carney pimento cheese.  We chatted and watched her crazy cat show out.  Old friends are a treasure.  I had never seen a spider lily before this year at her house and she has several patches of them.  I will definitely be getting some.  They are like pink ladies only small and red.  

While I was out and about my client called with a few errands for tomorrow.  He likes large print crossword puzzles which are impossible to find so Amy gave me two to gift him with.  She's purging just like me.  

Y'all stay safe and hug somebody who needs it ^j^

2 comments:

  1. Who said the ACA was free has been proven wrong. It still ain't affordable for some people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy admittance to the crowd!!! If you were poor enough you could switch to Medicaid as it is for those at the very bottom. Medicare has a time limit for items like therapy, nursing home care, hospitalization, and the likes. My SIL, a pastor's wife and disabled went from Medicare to Medicaid when her 21 days were used up. She died from the COVID-19 before she ever got really settled.
    But you'll like it. Mrs. Jim's is almost $800 for the supplement but she only pays half that and the state pays the other half from my retirement benefit work insurance conversion. Oh yes, her SS has been $264 now for several years, Medicare insurance rate increases are more than her SS increases. She loses about 75% of her earned payments because of working for the school. I only lose 25% because I paid in longer, 27 years before I started with the college. President Reagan's great anti-government-folk double dipping correction law bit us hard.
    ..

    ReplyDelete