Sunday, August 16, 2020

because God

It has been six months since we had a worship service in the sanctuary of FUMC.  Today was different, but we knew the drill and everybody complied.  Many times I get to sneezing when wearing a mask but today was different.  I was mesmerized by the experience of being back in the same building with my homies.  I sat six feet away from a family unit and way farther back than normal but I recognized all the little family units.  As evidenced by the ongoing ministry of FUMC during the pandemic we are a tight bunch who welcomes everybody....and you're next!  We have had drive in, virtual stream and noon devotionals plus a whole lot more.  

Today was Gaga and girls day and we had big plans to swim in the big pool.  Only Reaves wasn't in that mood.  Wouldn't put her swimsuit on and we don't go nekkid because you never knows what pedophiles are lurking.  Sooooo...there was brief water hose play and laundry mixed with pizza and paint.  I actually have her footprints on the refrigerator along with the hands from last week.  She washed dishes and watered flowers with a pink can.  That's my little farmer!  We laughed...like a lot, and I treasure these times.  Making memories.  

Y'all keep it between the lines and lend a hand to somebody who needs your support.  Don't give until it hurts, just give freely with boundaries.  That's what Jesus would do ^j^


1 comment:

  1. I get your desire to be back in church. I have not been a regular goer for about 5 years now, but I still miss it.

    ReplyDelete