Thursday, August 6, 2020

road rage

Dyersburg is full of four way stops, especially downtown.  I was on the way to meet a friend at the doctor's office this morning and took my turn then immediately got honked at and witnessed old girl having a fit because she thought SHE was next.  I watched to see if she followed me but she didn't care enough to hunt me down.  Some people's kids.

The masklessness continues and I just shake my head in awe that so many people don't think this shit is real.  You can't fix stupid.  I had just drifted off to sleep last night and heard something like an explosion....my eyes popped wide open.  Patrick called right after to see if I had heard it.  I just assumed it was another old pecan tree falling but there was no sign of that this morning. Who knows...earthquake maybe?

There are people on big tractors working in the ditches, clearing out vegetation I presume.  From the top of the hill down to the bottom is overgrown and probably impedes drainage.  Just my guess.  Nobody tells me anything.

Besides being "almost a nurse" I am now getting to be "almost a pharmacist" researching drugs for friends.  I watched today as a young lady expertly drew blood from my friend who is a very hard stick.  I know from experience.  

Be an advocate for somebody.  And please don't be a Karen ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment