Sunday, August 2, 2020

memory in the making

The girls came today and we did our usual swim and lunch.  Leftover Alvino's!  It has cooled down considerably which thrills me to no end.  Lower humidity too.  I have been having odd dreams lately.  Last night it featured my good friend and former co-worker Scotty.  Where did that come from?  He and the love of his life moved away some time ago but we stay in touch.  I miss his kindness and snarky humor.  He is incredibly smart about a lot of things including cars.  Once he did a tuneup on mine in the hospital parking lot.  No shit.  They are likely to be getting ready for the storm headed up the coast.  

My little birdie friend laid another egg since I last looked.  That makes five so far.  They are all nested up right by the back door.  I have yet to see a snake, only the skins.  Now hide and watch, I'll step on one today.  

Now for what Ellie ate.  Last night she got my new loaf of hawaiian bread and a bag of MandMs.  It's good porch sitting weather so I reckon I'll head on up there to the front and watch the day go by.  I got nothing but time ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment