Tuesday, May 2, 2023

windy

I can't remember the last time the wind wasn't howling down here around the cabin.  It's a daily fight to keep the car on the road just going to town!  It never ceases to amaze me how many dead armadillos line the sides of the road.  When I was a child I thought they all lived in Texas but I guess they've migrated over the years.  

My life is pretty boring these days and there is some comfort in that.  I see right now as sort of a passage to the next chapter, whatever that is.  I spent a lot of years with little or no time to myself so it's nice to just be for days at a time.  Poopie continues to give me problems but that's become the new normal.  

Mostly I hang out with Oscar and Rosie and pass the time.  I pulled a huge scab off of Rosie's neck yesterday, the remnants of that gosh awful wound she had.  We are perfect for each other, the three of us.  I'd probably be lonely without them for sure.  I never had inside pets when I was a kid.  We had dogs and cats outside, chickens back in the day, cattle and even a crow named Petey.  

Like my mother, I love to sleep.  I remember Daddy getting mad because she would still be in the bed when Ms Faye came, demanding her muffin with butter from command central.  They fought over the TV, even though there were two of them.  Daddy became a TV addict once he became homebound.  Part of Bubba's job was maintaining television service when the power went out which involved a generator.  He was THAT serious.  

I keep telling myself "you're only as young as you feel."  Ahem.  I just count my blessings when I see another sunrise.  Or thunderstorm.  Or being alive.  One day at a time ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment