Sunday, May 28, 2023

prayers and naproxen

Well, the old adage about day number three being the worst for trauma held true this time around.  It was Wednesday night that I fell off the bed and injured myself.  I took the last of the pain medicine and laid down early last night and woke up in excruciating pain, no.  I never went to sleep.  After trying to find a comfortable position in the bed ( impossible ) I decided to try the recliner sometime in the wee hours of this morning.  It helped.  A lot.  So much that I was able to doze off for a bit.  Still, it was iffy when I got up to face the day.  I have never had a rib injury and never want one again.  It hurts to breathe!

Sooo, I sent a message to my Sunday School peeps about why I was absent (again!) and they prayed for me.  Those prayers and a couple of naproxen did a world of good during the hour that I watched church online.  My biggest fear was that I wouldn't be able to start the job on Tuesday but if this holds, I'm good.  Thank you Koinonia and Jesus!

Bubba visited Shiloh yesterday during his weekend at Pickwick and sent pictures.  I haven't been there in many years and it was impressive.  That is his go to vacay place these days.  Al the tabby has been living under the house and came out to get fed yesterday.  I can't afford that from  this point forward.  I didn't feed him at all when he was here before and he left.  So, uh.  Now he's back.  Lerd.  He will just have to catch field mice.

Thinking about my MIA guy and all the others who never came back.  Memorial Day is all about them.  I promise to be more light hearted and optimistic.  Sometimes you just have to go with what life gives you and deal with it one day at a time ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment