Saturday, May 13, 2023

happy mother's day

There are many ways to be a mother.  If yo' mama ain't around, somebody always steps in to give you that motherly kind of love.  I was fortunate to have mine until the age of 82 but her suffering was great.  Loss of vision was the biggest thing that took her world away.  All of the things that she liked to do like playing bridge and reading and being on the computer became non-options.  

When I was growing up she was the one who kept things on the right track.  She worked full-time and raised three kids here on the farm.  And she always made everything special.  Holiday meals were themed and took days to prepare.  Unfortunately, I did not inherit that talent.  What I got from her was a love of writing and photography.  

I visited with a couple of friends today and then dropped by to get a few flowers for myself for Mother's Day.  I got out for eleven bucks which is the cheapest ever in history.  Of course I had to ask about the heavy police presence yesterday and got the story from them.  Dude tried to jump buildings and fell!

I read on the interwebs today that the woman who created Mother's Day is sorry she did it.  Indeed, it is a very commercial thing now.  I also read about how hospitality workers absolutely HATE working on that day.  People are late and want the best service ever for Mama on that particular day.  Why not just treat Mom without the crowds. 

Happy day to all you 'mothas no matter who you raised.  It takes a village ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment