Monday, May 8, 2023

walking away

Oscar and I went for our walk again this morning which was day 3.  My shins feel it!  I head toward the river which is not hard to do out here.  It's about a half mile but for a sedate old lady that's a good workout.  If I get some more training in maybe I can walk down to the that little graveyard in Gerald's woods.  It's such a beautiful peaceful place.

When I was a kid I went down there a lot to be by the river.  That was before it got all grown over. It's kind of treacherous to try it now.  Once when I didn't remember how old I am, Lauren and I were visiting that plot and I SLID down the 3 foot hill and tore my hamstring.  I couldn't sit right for three months and the entire leg turned black.  I have no doubt that the reason I didn't get a clot is because I kept moving in the coming days.  

When we lived on the hill I literally crawled through the woods across the road with my camera. Daddy called me "Dick Flowers." You would have to be old school Dyersburg to get that!   I can't help it.  I got it from Mama!  She always had a camera and everybody rolled their eyes when she assembled us.  Usually we were around the table just chowing down on her good food.  My favorite family pic ever is of Bubba, Mom and Daddy, Tommy, Yvette and me and Lauren.  I named it "the cast."  

Reaves pulled her own tooth last night and is so proud of herself.  The tooth fairy came of course!  There are a lot of baby teeth to come out so the fairy better start saving up.  I had my own personal fairy one time.  Known as The Blog Fairy, this person gifted me anonymously for a long time, sensing my moods and frustration with life.  That was actually a God thing.  I always wondered but never knew who the fairy was.  It's better that way.  ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment