Sunday, April 30, 2023

pizza with the tribe

I haven't seen the girls in awhile so we got together today for pizza in Jackson along with Kim and Alex.  Church was great and there was even breakfast in SS....forgot it was 5th Sunday.   We passed around notes for the shut ins and all signed them in between bites.  We have an engineer in the class who knows how to organize that stuff...lol.  We are a different sort ranging in age from 60ish on up.  But we stay in touch and always know if somebody needs to be put on the prayer list.  After I "almost" went to ER last weekend, I got a call from a classmate asking if I needed food.  Now that's faithful.

Today is Good Shepherd Sunday in case you didn't know and I did not.  One of our young church kids has raised two sheep and she and the babies were featured as part of today's service.  It was so friggin' cute!  That's an ag kid for you!  I see a difference in that congregation now.  We have more spunk than "before."  Our situation was a no win one and now we deal with the consequences.  All I see is growth and more participation.  

Lauren has dogs at her church which is cool.  That made me think today that maybe that little girl could have brought a real live one up in FUMC.  Peace be with you ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment