Friday, May 26, 2023

the power of love

Girl, please.  I hit that floor so hard my ears are still ringing.  Thankfully I can still move around and work it out.  The x-ray showed arthritis in my right shoulder, which I already knew.  It's been cleaned out and repaired once already.  I don't even think those two shoulder repairs are on my medical history.  They were brutal, but nothing compared to a replacement.  OMG.  That was offered to me post-op but mobility would cease above the waist and I'm short, so there ya' go.  There's nobody me!  

 I am totally hooked on the grilled chicken sammich at Piggin' Out in Dyersburg.  Great price and service and also yummy food.  I feel kind of like Alton Brown checking out all the food trucks and local places.  Me and the Dyersburg bunch plus Joy have hit them all.  I got a wonderful surprise in the mail yesterday from my friend Kathy in Florida.  They are handmade and full of caring.  She heard I was down so voila!   We go wayyy back to Alice Thurmond.

The weather is amazing and a gift from God for sure.  I don't mind watering plants on the deck if it's not hot as hades.  I love to grill but there is almost always a wind down here and it's hard to keep a fire going.  The corn box around me should fix that little problem.  This is my new normal.  So much for Fiji.  Hey, it was a nice dream!

If you are off for Memorial Day, thank someone who gave their life for this country.  My war memories are mostly of Vietnam, Desert Storm and Iraq/Afghanistan.  In each instance I was against putting American citizens at risk in the middle of feuding halfway across the world.  I think that our President is walking a fine line right now with Ukraine, Russia, China, NoK et.al.  Hell the whole world is at war.  And you know what?  It has always been thus and so according to my Daddy and Billy Yates.  I mean, it's right there in the Bible.  All you gotta' do is leave room for the spirit to work^j^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment